The competition welcomes all photographers, both professional and amateur. The Urban Photographer of the Year will be the person who, in the eyes of the judges, has best captured the brief to portray the life of a town or city at a given time of day. Whilst the photograph does not necessarily have to be taken at that specific time of day, it does need to look as though it was.
You can choose to photograph any town or city at work within the UK, Europe, Middle East or Africa. For example, a photograph could capture London at 4am, Lisbon at 2pm, Dubai at 9pm and so on. You can enter a photograph for each hour of the day, giving you a maximum of 24 photographs. Please note that you can only submit one for each hour of the day.
- Submissions must be made until January 31st, 2011.
- You need to be a resident of UK, Middle-East, Africa, or Europe.
- You need to be 16 years or older.
- A maximum of 24 images can be submitted (1 image per representing hour).
- Photos must be 3000x2000 pixel.
- Entry is free of charge.
- Submissions can be made online.
- A photo safari to Turkiye for two.
- Finepix F300EXR Camera
- LastoLite Studio Flash
For more information visit the contest's web site.